Meatball curry



1 lb minced meat
1/2 tsp roasted coriander powder
1 tsp unroasted cumin powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 egg
3 slices bread soaked in water and squeezed dry
2 green chillies
salt
pepper

Mix all the ingredients and blend in a food processor for a minute. Make small lime size balls and leave aside. I made half the quantity meatballs for the full amount of sauce.

sauce
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp onion chopped
2" cinnamon stick
2" lemon grass optional
curry leaves
1 1/2 cups tomatoes chopped
2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp roasted curry powder (or 1 tbsp coriander powder and 1/4 tsp garam masala)
2 tsp chillie powder
3 tbsp coconut milk powder in 2 cups water
salt
1/2 tsp lime juice

Use a pan that will accommodate the meat balls to be arranged in a single layer. Heat oil add onions, cinnamon stick, lemon grass, curry leaves and fry until golden brown. Add all the ingredients except lime juice and boil. Then lower the cooker and gently arrange uncooked meat balls in the gravy and simmer for 1/2 hour.
Do not stir, shake the pan occasionally and adjust seasoning and add lime juice before removing from heat.


All rights reserved on photographs and written content Torviewtoronto © 2010 unless mentioned. Please Ask First

8 comments:

  1. delicious curry Akheela, feel like devoring the plate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slurppp!!such a droolworthy meatball curry...makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now thats a very nice curry....I never thought of using meatballs! I bet they were lip smacking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What delicious flavors. I love discovering new curries. I wish I could scrape it off the monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom use to make meatballs in a curry sauce, but very different from yours. It sounds like this is packed full of flavor. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love curry so much. I'll have to make this soon. Thanks for passing along the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting addition of vinegar....I need to adjust my recipe and try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)