Chickpeas like in the beaches

chickpeas and coconut like in the beaches
1 can of chickpeas wash and drain
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp onion chopped
1 tbsp curry leaves
1 to 2 tbsp coconut pieces

2 red chillie whole
1/4 tsp chillie flakes optional
1/2 tsp salt

Drain the water from the chickpeas. Heat oil add mustard seeds then add onion, curry leaves, coconut pieces, red chillie whole and flakes if using, salt then add the chickpeas. Stir fry for a few minutes and serve warm.

We love eating this for a quick evening snack, good for a breakfast. I was thinking of the warm evenings walking on the beach eating this rolled in a newspaper from street vendors as children.

All rights reserved on photographs and written content Torviewtoronto © 2010 unless mentioned. Please Ask First

16 comments:

  1. Simply delish! If I wasn't already committed to cooking tonight w/ the rare treat of fresh chickpeas, I would make this. So easy and tempting.

    Thank you for your great MLLA recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this reminds me of Marina beach in Chennai, India- Lovely twist- will definitely try this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the memory of eating them on the beach. I must find curry leaves in MN! I love chickpeas as a salad, in soups, mashed and have never done a stir fry - yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chickpeas! One more great recipe to cook them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so easy, healthy and yummy. My kids adore chickpeas, not sure about the chilli - guess we'll keep this one for the adults!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chickpeas and I love how your chickpeas look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun snack...packed with protein and flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely click..looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this is one more dish that I have never tried before..sounds really delicious! And photo is just perfection like always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! I just did a post a few hours ago for a chickpea curry! Mine was a beef tomato version though. Chickpeas with coconut is a combination I've never seen - I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't always liked chickpeas but recently have a new love for them. I would love to pack this up for a picnic in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love chickpeas and this would make a wonderful, tasty snack.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delish! I would love to be on a beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This snack is great specially in winter. I enjoy it when I watch sports.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)